Like the quarterback position this year, there is value at wide receiver throughout the draft.
Any number of receivers could finish the year as the No. 1 fantasy receiver. Any number of receivers ranked in the 40-60 range could also finish in the top 20. In fact, 60 receivers could have easily been ranked in the projected top 40, so finding the gems in the fourth and fifth receiver group is so important.
The flip side is that value is everywhere to be found late. After you have drafted your first, maybe second, receiver, you can load up elsewhere and snatch a bunch of these guys late.
These are my top-40 WR rankings:
- Antonio Brown (Pit) - This Brown can do a lot for you.
- Calvin Johnson (Det) - The nickname says it all.
- Dez Bryant (Dal) - It was a catch. And I'm not still bitter.
- Demaryius Thomas (Den) - His QB is Peyton Manning.
- Julio Jones (Atl) - You can't keep up with this Jones.
- Jordy Nelson (GB) - His QB is Aaron Rodgers.
- Odell Beckham, Jr. (NYG) - Regression? Still top ten.
- A.J. Green (Cin) - Best value of top-ten WRs.
- Alshon Jeffrey (Chi) - Could be top-five without Marshall.
- Randall Cobb (GB) - Shares targets with Jordy.
- Mike Evans (TB) - He is a beast.
- T.Y. Hilton (Ind) - Top-ten if Indy had fewer weapons.
- DeAndre Hopkins (Hou) - Just needs a QB who can get him the ball.
- Emmanuel Sanders (Den) - His QB is Peyton, too.
- Jordan Matthews (Phi) - This year's big WR breakout.
- Kelvin Benjamin (Car) - Red zone targets aplenty.
- Brandin Cooks (NO) - His QB is Drew Brees.
- Keenan Allen (SD) - Remember 2013?
- Brandon Marshall (NYJ) - He's still a stud.
- Julian Edelman (NE) - Brady's go-to guy.
- Jeremy Maclin (KC) - New scenery should suit him.
- DeSean Jackson (Was) - Too big-play dependent.
- Jarvis Landry (Mia) - Another big breakout candidate.
- Sammy Watkins (Buf) - In a QB wasteland, and Rex likes to run.
- Amari Cooper (Oak) - Lots of upside and should be chasing points.
- Julian Edelman (NE) - Consistency.
- Vincent Jackson (TB) - Somehow, always seems to finish in the top 30.
- Golden Tate (Det) - If Megatron misses time, he's golden.
- Andre Johnson (Ind) - Still plenty left in the tank.
- Roddy White (Atl) - Way too early to count him out.
- Torrey Smith (SF) - Kaep's comeback will help.
- Martavis Bryant (Pit) - A lot of preseason love.
- Brandon LaFell (NE) - The offense can support multiple WRs.
- Allen Robinson (Jac) - Somebody's got to catch passes there.
- Kevin White (Chi) - Big upside.
- Charles Johnson (Min) - Could easily be a top-24 guy.
- Michael Floyd (Ari) - Dead heat between Floyd & Fitz.
- Larry Fitzgerald (Ari) - Ditto.
- Victor Cruz (NYG) - May be the steal of the draft.
- Marques Colston (NO) - The Saints traded away everyone else.
Not quite making the cut, but potential steals late: Nelson Agholor (Phi), Eric Decker (NYJ), Kendall Wright (Ten), Cody Latimer (Den), Steve Smith (Bal), and Davante Adams (GB).
Other big names with great late-round value who are worth targeting: Pierre Garcon (Was), Michael Crabtree (Oak), and Kenny Stills (Mia).