Kickers are a dime a dozen. Streaming seems to be the norm. Drafting one with your last, or second to last, pick in a draft is the best way to go. In an auction, don’t pay more than $1.
Read the full 2015 FNH Draft Kit
I have been targeting one of the top five guys and keeping them until the bye. The top 2 I have even been keeping through the bye. That’s a change for me. I still won’t draft up or pay up for one of them however.
Justin Tucker (Bal) and Stephen Gostkowski (NE) are the two best kickers in the league. Tucker is consistent and seriously clutch. Gostkowski isn’t allowed to miss (the Patriots don’t stand for that sort of thing). Close behind are Mason Crosby (GB), Blair Walsh (Min), and Matt Prater (Det). Crosby has been solid and has an offense that will score. Walsh kicks in a dome and has been consistent throughout his short career. Prater has a good offense and a HUGE leg. Also, who doesn’t like a kicker that’s tatted up?
Here they are:
1. Justin Tucker (Bal) – Most clutch kicker in the league.
2. Stephen Gostkowski (NE) – Has been the best K for a while.
3. Mason Crosby (GB) – Awesome offense and can kick in the weather.
4. Blair Walsh (Min) – Dome stadium and doesn’t miss much.
5. Matt Prater (Det) – Great offense (I hope) and huge leg.
6. Dan Bailey (Dal) – Good offense and good home stadium.
7. Cody Parkey (Phi) – THAT offense equals a lot of opportunities.
8. Steven Hauschka (Sea) – Quietly very good.
9. Connor Barth (Den) – Thin air and Peyton.
10. Adam Vinatieri (Ind) – He’s probably old enough to be your father.
11. Sebastian Janikowski (Oak) – Soft spot in my heart for a linebacker turned kicker.
12. Randy Bullock (Hou) – If he puts it together, he will be a top five guy.
13. Matt Bryant (Atl) – Always around.
14. Greg Zuerlein (StL) – Legatron, enough said.
15. Phil Dawson (SF) – Who knows what this team is.
16. Mike Nugent (Cin) – High percentage but not much leg.
17. Robbie Gould (Chi) – Ugly field.
18. Dustin Hopkins (NO) – Another potential star.
19. Caleb Sturgis (Mia) – Not very sexy, but not a bad option.
20. Chandler Catanzaro (Arz) – Had a good rookie season.
Kickers are the hardest position to project. For that reason, don’t overdraft.