Every year, there are waiver wire must-adds after week 1. Here's a list of a few players at each position you should consider.
- Carson Palmer (Ari) - 49% owned. He's good. He's a top 10 QB when healthy. Grab him.
- Alex Smith (KC) - 20% owned. He's a very good matchup QB. Not a bad option off your bench.
- Marcus Mariota (Ten) - 36.5% owned. He's all the rage with the kids. Huge upside play.
- Danny Woodhead (SD) - 68.6% owned. If you need any kind of RB help, he's a must-add.
- Chris Johnson/David Johnson (Ari) - 48% owned combined. If you need a starter for week 2, Chris is your man. Want upside? Go with David.
- Dion Lewis (NE) 17.1% owned & Lance Dunbar (RB, Dal) 3.6% owned. - Both are passing down backs. If you're in a PPR, add both or either, depending on your roster.
- Donte Moncrief (Ind) 31.1% owned - Hilton is out, as of now. Even when he's not, this guy is going to get targets.
- Terrence Williams (Dal) 44.9% owned. Dez is out for a good while. Williams is a good QBs first option on the outside.
- Stevie Johnson (SD) 29.6% owned. He had a lot of targets, even when Allen had 17. He'll only get more involved in the offense.
- Tyler Eifert (Cin) - 43.9% owned. I hope you drafted him. He's good at playing football.
- Jordan Reed (Was) - 32.2% owned. Who else are they going to throw to? 11 targets in week 1. That's nice.
- Austin Sefarian-Jenkins (TB) - 24.6% owned. Catch radius and a QB that loves throwing to his TE. Win for ASJ.
- Brandon Coleman (NO) 17.1% owned. Colston 2.0? Looks a whole lot like it.
- Tyrod Taylor (Buf) 12.4% owned. Rushing QBs get a bump.
- Christine Michael (Dal) 27% owned. Most physically talented back in Dallas.
- Eric Ebron (Det) 13.8% owned. Has he arrived? As a Lions fan, I sure hope so.
I have them listed in order of my personal preference. A lot depends on your roster. Happy hunting.