This is a special DraftKings Discounts Thanksgiving Day Edition. There is a three-game DraftKings slate for Thanksgiving Day with excellent (on paper) fantasy games.
The early game is the Vikings at the Lions. It's a divisional rivalry pitting a dynamic fantasy offense against one of the best defenses in the NFL. Matthew Stafford began the season as one of the better fantasy quarterbacks, but his production has trailed off lately. The Vikings were one of the best fantasy defense in the league early on, but they have also come back down to earth. It's a great way to start the day.
The afternoon game is another divisional matchup - the Redskins at the Cowboys. Dak, Dez & Zeke appear unstoppable, and the Redskins are fresh off a thumping of the Packers. There should be plenty of fantasy goodness to go around in this NFC East showdown.
The late game - Steelers at Colts - is where the fireworks could be if Andrew Luck can make it out of the NFL's concussion protocol. It's a longshot, though. Without Luck, the game is considerably less appealing, but keep a watchful eye on Luck's gameday status.
Here are the Thanksgiving Day DraftKings Discounts:
- Scott Tolzien (QB-Ind) - $5000. If Luck is out, Tolzien - at minimum price - is in, and he will be chasing points.
- Sam Bradford (QB-Min) - $5100. At $100 over minimum, you could do worse than Bradford facing the Lions in cash games.
- Matthew Stafford (QB-Det) - $5700. The Vikings defense should scare off a lot of folks, so Stafford at a low ownership percentage could be a sneaky good tournament play.
- Rob Kelley (RB-Was) - $4300. He will be one of the chalkiest plays of the week, but for good reason.
- Frank Gore (RB-Ind) - $5200. The ageless one is averaging 17.1 DraftKings points per game over the last five, and the Steelers defense doesn't scare anyone.
- Theo Riddick (RB-Det) - $5400. He should see plenty of targets against the Vikings defense.
- Anquan Boldin (WR-Det) - $3300. Boldin led the Lions in targets last week, and he's a decent bet to do it again this week.
- Pierre Garcon (WR-Was) - $3900. He's had six receptions in each of the last three games, and he should have at least that many this week.
- Adam Thielen (WR-Min) - $4000. Thielen is average double-digit fantasy points over the last three games, and one of those games was against the Lions.
- Ladarius Green (TE-Pit) - $2600 and Jesse James (TE-Pit) $2700. Pick either as a punt play.
- Dwayne Allen (TE-Ind) - $2600 and Jack Doyle (TE-Ind) $2800. It's Doyle unless you need the savings.
- Steelers (DST-Pit) - $2500. If Luck is out, the Steelers should be money.
- Lions (DST-Det) - $3000. They have been better lately, and the Vikings can't run the ball.
It's a short slate, but a good one. And there's nothing like food, family, and football for Thanksgiving Day.