Both of last week's cash-game stacks were money. Drew Brees was one of the highest-scoring quarterbacks in NFL week 1, and both Saints receivers were among the highest-scoring receivers. And the Steelers' offense was in mid-season form.
The tournament stacks...not so much, I expected more from Eli and Odell vs. the Cowboys, and I expected a whole lot more from the Redskins chasing points against the Steelers.
This week, I'm going back to the well on Eli and Odell against the pitiful Saints defense for my cash games. I also like Matthew Stafford and the Detroit receivers against the Titans. There are other quarterbacks who are great standalone guys for both cash and tournaments, Cam vs. the 49ers and Palmer vs. the Bucs, but pinpointing the receivers to pair with each is difficult. I'd try Benjamin or Olsen and Fitz or Floyd.
Four tournaments, I like Brock Osweiler and his receiving corps vs. the Chiefs, who allowed the Chargers to run wild early in week 1. I'm also thinking the defense that made Alex Smith the highest-scoring fantasy quarterback in week 1 is worth picking on in week 2.
- Eli Manning (QB-NYG) - $7600. Keep an eye on the weather because that's the only thing that could prevent a torching of the Saints defense, and rain is in the forecast; and
- Odell Beckham, Jr. (WR-NYG) - $9500. I expect a repeat of last year.
If you want to stack this game, you can also add:
- Brandin Cooks (WR-NO) $8000 or, preferably because of price, Willie Snead (WR-NO) $5800.
- Matthew Stafford (QB-Det) - $7300. His ownership percentage should be fairly high, but who cares? He'll be money against the Titans; and
- Golden Tate (WR-Det) - $6800 and/or Marvin Jones, Jr. (WR-Det) $5500; and/or
- Eric Ebron (TE-Det) - $3500 or Theo Riddick (RB-Det) - $4300.
For the game stack:
- Tajae Sharp (WR-Ten) $4100 and/or Delanie Walker (TE-Ten) - $4500.
- Brock Osweiler (QB-Hou) - $6100. The Chiefs' defense doesn't scare anyone right now; and
- DeAndre Hopkins (WR-Hou) - $8700 or Will Fuller (WR-Hou) - $4200; and or
- Lamar Miller (RB-Hou) $7200 or Texas (DST-Hou) - $3400.
- Blake Bortles (QB-Jax) - $6700. He should find himself in another shootout this week; and
- Allen Robinson (WR-Jax) - $7800 or, preferably, Allen Hurns (WR-Jax) $5400; and/or
- Julius Thomas (TE-Jax) $5400 or T.J. Yeldon (RB-Jax) $4700.
Don't ignore the Bengals vs. the Steelers. On paper, it looks like a dogfight, but anymore this is more of a dog race. You can make lineups work game-stacking this game, but you have to save at the tight end (Dennis Pitta) and second running back spots (T.J. Yeldon). It's a little easier with a Dalton-Green-Brown lineup, but a Big Ben-Brown-Green lineup works, too.
As always, may your DFS lineups be profitable.