Week 2 is in the books, and we're no wiser. We didn't really learn anything except players get hurt. You could field a pretty decent team with the players that got hurt in week 2.
With that in mind, here are a few guys to target going into week 3:
- Matt Ryan (Atl) @ NO. Ryan has had the best start to his NFL career. Yes, it's only 2 games, but it's been a great 2 games, and he gets New Orleans on Monday Night Football. It sounds like more ammo for him being a top-12 QB this season and a high-end QB in week 3.
- Joe Flacco (Bal) @ Jax. Flacco found some new toys this season, and an old one. Mike Wallace is getting targeted, and Dennis Pitta is back...until he's not. Flacco should be able to carve up a Jacksonville secondary that still needs some work.
- Ryan Tannehill (Mia) v Cle. The running game is in flux, and the Browns are coming to town. This is a put-up or shut-up game for Tannehill. Parker was involved in the offense, so I like the idea of Tannehill finally putting up.
- Christine Michael (Sea) v SF. Thomas Rawls still isn't right, and Fozzy Whitaker just ran for 100 yards against this defense on the road. Michael is a no-brainer if Rawls doesn't play, and he is a flex option if he does.
- Jerick McKinnon (Min) @ Car. Peterson isn't playing in week 3. Carolina is a tough matchup, but Minnesota wants to feature the running back.
- Dwayne Washington (Det) @ GB. Abdullah is going to be out a few weeks, and the Lions have tried to run the ball a little more than they usually do. Washington is the goal line back, and he'll get the 1st and 2nd down work. It's a speculative add, but this offense should score.
- Tajae Sharpe (Ten) v Oak. Oakland needs some work in the defensive backfield, and Sharpe is the lead wideout for Tennessee.
- Tyrell Williams (SD) @ Ind. Any starting offensive player versus Indy is a must play. Williams also had a very impressive TD scamper on Sunday.
- Phillip Dorsett (Ind) v SD. Donte Moncrief is likely out for the game, but even if he's not, Dorsett has shown to be a favorite target of Luck.
- Dennis Pitta (Bal) @ Jax. He had 9 catches for over 100 yards. Add Pitta.
- Dwayne Allen (Ind) v SD. Jack Doyle is getting some play, but Allen is still the guy. This offense is throwing the ball.
- Zach Miller (Chi) @ Dal. Cutler may not play. Miller is going to get targets in Dallas on SNF.
- Buccaneers v LAR. LA is going cross country. They didn't have a good offense to begin with.
- Dolphins v Cle. Cleveland is already on QB number 3, and they're Cleveland.
- Dallas v Chicago. Who knows who the QB will be (Cutler or Hoyer), and they're not great either way.
All players are under 60% owned. There are others out there (Carolina backs, Matt Asiata) but these guys should be added if the need is on your team.